Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 November 2015

Yikes! Invasion of the Typewriter Snatchers: Blue Tongue and Huntsman

It's that time of year again, when the weather patterns go crazy and critters can't decide if they want to live in a typewriter museum or where they really belong, out in the bush somewhere. Yesterday I found a blue tongue lizard feasting at Charlie the Typewriter Guard Cat's biscuit bowl. (As it scurried under an Underwood standard, I mistook it at first for a more frightening Water Dragon).
That's just a little more unusual than the more regular visitors in Australian homes in late Spring, such as Huntsman spiders and Argentine ants. The latter just seem to materialise from thin air.
Charlie the Typewriter Guard Cat's reaction to all this? Ho hum ...
What I really need to frighten these creatures away is Kenneth Tynan typing with his Erika portable:

6 comments:

Gordon Tillman said...

Cute post Robert. You guys have some interesting critters down there for sure!

Bill M said...

Some spooky kind of critters. I thought there were strange house invaders (big giant roaches, spiders & snakes) in Florida.

The Philosophy Teacher said...

Where did you get the Valentine poster?

Richard P said...

Eeeww! If I ran across one of those spiders in my house I would really freak out.

Fleetwing said...

Yes, that Huntsman would give me pause if I saw one up close and personal. Harmless, I gather?

Robert Messenger said...

Yes, Fleetwing, the blue tongue will give you more of a nip than the huntsman, but neither as severe as Charlie.